Penetrating Damp Problems
Penetrating Damp is one of the most destructive and invasive problems you can encounter in your property. There are different reasons for penetrating damp depending on where its located, If you are experiencing damp spots on your ceiling it is usually caused by roof problems such as broken or missing roof tiles or even burst or leaking pipes in the attic of your property, If you are seeing damp on your walls this is most likely due to defects in the exterior plaster or brickwork such as the pointing or even an improperly sealed window. London Damp Specialists can treat any penetrating damp you may have or suspect you may have including dry rot, wet rot, and woodworm. If any damp issues are evident in your property it’s time to call in the experts to eradicate it as soon as possible as damp can lead to black mould, which is something that must be avoided at all costs.
London Damp Specialists will diagnose the cause of your problem with a survey and then report back to you with a remedial plan. A typical course of action may include:
- Repairing exterior cracks.
- Repair pointing showing signs of ageing and deterioration.
- Remove any deteriorated plaster.
- Introduce a salt neutraliser to walls to dissolve salts present from water penetration.
- Install tanking, a liquid coating that bonds to damp brickwork and forms a waterproof barrier.
- Apply a waterproof sand and cement interior render.
- Add a smooth skim coat plaster.
- Waterproof sand and cement exterior render.
Whatever your damp cause, issue or damage, it is important to fix it as soon as possible, before your property or family’s health is affected further. The damp experts at London Damp Specialists will diagnose and solve your damp difficulties with minimum disruption but maximum effect, leaving you with a damp-free property and peace of mind with our 30-year watertight guarantee.