Penetrating Damp Problems
Penetrating Damp is one of the most destructive and invasive problems you can encounter in your home property. It can be caused by water ingress through rising damp, condensation, rain penetration, burst or leaking pipes or lateral water penetration from below the property. London Damp Specialists can treat any penetrating damp you may have, or suspect you may have, including dry rot, wet rot, and woodworm. If any of the following are evident in your property, it’s time to call in the experts to eradicate it as soon as possible: peeling wallpaper and skirting boards cold to the touch; black mould; damp-feeling walls; water stains or damp patches on walls and ceilings; white satins on external bricks; damp or mouldy smelling rooms.
London Damp Specialists will diagnose the cause of your problem with a survey and then report back to you with a remedial plan. A typical course of action is:
- Paint on an exterior masonry sealant
- Repair any pointing showing signs of ageing and deterioration
- Remove any damp plaster
- Introduce a salt neutraliser to walls to dissolve salts present from water penetration
- Install tanking, a liquid coating that bonds to damp brickwork and forms a waterproof barrier.
- Apply a waterproof sand and cement interior render
- Add a smooth skim coat plaster
- Finish with a waterproof sand and cement exterior render
Whatever your damp cause, issue or damage, it is important to fix it as soon as possible, before your property or family’s health is affected further. The damp experts at London Damp Specialist will diagnose and solve your damp difficulties with minimum disruption but maximum effect, leaving you with a damp-free property and peace of mind with our 30-year watertight guarantee.